Too Precious to Wear is a SeaWeb campaign that works to create demand for coral conservation by working with the jewelry and design industries.
We are working to reduce threats to corals by:
- Highlighting the threats posed to coral by consumer demand and an unregulated international coral trade.
- Working with influential jewelry and design leaders who are leading voices for coral conservation.
- Raising awareness of products that celebrate the ocean without harming it by highlighting alternatives to real coral.
- Improving domestic and international coral policy.
Increase protections for corals by:
- Promoting the passage of a strong U.S. Coral Reef Conservation Act, leading to meaningful local measures to protect corals and reefs.
Read More >>
- Highlighting the need for red coral’s international protection via a CITES Appendix II listing.
Read More >>
Accolades and Awards
SeaWeb's Too Precious To Wear campaign received the Public Relations Society of America's "Silver Anvil Award of Excellence" in the Public Service category for its efforts to create a demand for coral conservation. Each year, campaigns are evaluated for their strategic use of four key components, research, planning, execution and evaluation, and the award is presented to organizations that have successfully addressed a contemporary public relations issue with exemplary professional skill, creativity and resourcefulness.
Learn more about SeaWeb.